This is What Happens When Kids Use Crystals and Gemstones
INTERESTING FACTS: Crystals and gemstones are not limited to adults. Children can benefit significantly from them as well! In this article, you’ll learn how crystals can help kids, different ways they can use them, and the best crystals for kids.
As adults who are intrigued by things like crystals, meditation, and the like, we often keep those practices to ourselves even though our children would benefit from them too.Let’s end that today and discover all the ways your children can use crystals and gemstones to overcome their unique challenges!Children are actually prime candidates for using crystals, and here’s why:
- To a child, everything is magical, so they are especially drawn to crystals and things that seem to produce an almost magical result.
- They are open and spiritual by nature. To them, everything is alive – even their teddy bears and dolls.
- To kids, all things are possible, and their faith in the “impossible” hasn’t been dulled by the disbelief of society.
For all of these reasons, children often have a natural connection to the mineral kingdom. They gravitate toward crystals and have an innate sensitivity to their healing powers.
How Do Crystals and Gemstones Benefit Children?
Crystals help children just as they help adults, but maybe even more so because children are often more receptive to their healing powers. The issues and difficulties that kids face impact them as they learn, grow and develop, and a crystal can be a welcome friend to help them thrive and flourish. Here are some of the best ways we can use crystals for kids:
Use Crystals to Calm Children
Kids have so much energy that it can be difficult for them to tune it down during times of rest and relaxation. Crystals and gemstones are one of the best ways to help them calm down. Use crystals to calm children, settle their nerves, soothe their active minds, and relax their bodies.
Crystals Help Kids at School
Children encounter a number of challenges at school, and having a crystal in their pocket can help them through it all. Crystals can assist them in feeling safe and protected, and reducing feelings of inadequacy or separation anxiety. Crystals and gemstones can help children focus and study by improving their concentration, memory, and mental clarity.Many crystals can transmute negative energy, such as bullying, fear, anger, and jealousy, into positive energy and emotions. Crystals can help children handle and understand their emotions so that they can confidently interact with their peers.
Crystals for Children’s Sleep
There are many things getting in the way of a good night’s sleep for children. They often have a hard time calming themselves down, and many children dread sleep because they want to keep playing. They might experience nightmares, be afraid of the dark, or not like being alone at night. Crystals can help with all of these things
Crystals and Gemstones Help Kids Handle Tough Times
Every child experiences some sort of emotional turmoil no matter how much we try to shield them from it. What we go through in life helps make us who we are, but when we have a tool to help us grow through it and come out a stronger person, we can better handle those challenges. That is one of the amazing things that crystals can do for your children.Crystals and gemstones can be used to help your children through difficult times and transitions, such as a death in the family or moving to a new home or school. They can help them deal with their emotions in a healthier way.
Crystals and Gemstones Improve Kids’ Self-Image
Confidence is something the majority of people struggle with as adults, and it starts when we are children. As we are growing up and especially as we start interacting with peers at school, it can be difficult to figure out our place in the world. Learning to embrace our authenticity and love ourselves often comes from many years of experience, but it can happen easier when we use crystals as children.
How to Introduce Kids to Crystals?
1) Discuss – Kids will often take an interest in crystals immediately when they see them. Foster that interest by engaging in a conversation with your child about crystals. Briefly mention the different ways crystals can help them in their life, and notice what parts of the conversation they tend to take a special interest in.
2) Choose – Children are very in tune with spiritual energies, much more so than adults, and they have an uncanny ability to trust their intuition and gravitate toward the perfect crystal for them. Place a bowl of tumbled stones in front of them, take them to a crystal shop, or let them look through photos of crystals in our online crystal shop, and let them choose their own crystal. You might want to narrow down the choices for them ahead of time, so it isn’t too overwhelming.
3) Teach – Help your child learn how to use crystals to improve their life. Encourage them to program their crystal with an intention so that it can always help them with that goal. Show them different ways they can use their crystal, and the various healing properties their crystal has in store for them. And don’t forget to show them how to care for and cleanse their crystal.
How Can Kids Use Crystals and Gemstones?
There are a number of different ways kids can use crystals and gemstones. Here are some of the best ideas when it comes to crystals for kids:
- Carry a tumbled stones in their pocket
- Place their crystal(s) in a medicine pouch, which can then be placed in their pocket, tied to a string and worn around their neck, or placed in a backpack or purse.
- Keep it under their pillow or on their nightstand to help them sleep at night or during naps.
- Crystal necklaces, bracelets, or rings can be worn by older children.
- Tie crystal beads onto their shoelaces.
- Place crystals in their bathwater to help them settle down and relax.
- Help your child build a crystal grid
- Create a dreamcatcher with crystal beads together with your child.
What Are the Best Crystals for Kids?
Kids can use any crystal, but there are some that are particularly gentle and indicative of the playful spirit of children. That’s why we’ve chosen the following crystals for kids.
Amethyst is our absolute favorite crystal as it is awesome for helping with pretty much anything you throw at it. The healing properties of amethyst span all parts of the mind, body, and spirit, and it can help children in many ways.
Amethyst provides a gentle energy that is protective and spiritual. It improves concentration, memory, and focus, so it is excellent for school and homework. It calms and soothes the body and mind, prepares the body for sleep, and wards off nightmares.
It improves intuition, creativity, and emotional understanding, and it transmutes negative energy into love. Amethyst is one of those stones that your child can carry with them at all times to help them feel better in almost all situations.
Rose Quartz is perfect for children because it is a gentle stone that offers an unlimited dose of loving energy. It is positive and uplifting, and it soothes emotions, hyperactivity, fear, anxiety, aggression, and obsessive-compulsive behavior.
Rose quartz boosts self-love and love for others. It inspires empathy, openness, forgiveness, compassion, and unconditional love. It can also be used to soothe babies who have colic.
Hematite emits a grounding energy that offers feelings of protection. It can serve to calm children down and prepare them for class. It provides a balanced energy that promotes feelings of strength and courage while being calming at the same time. Hematite also neutralizes negative energy, boosts confidence, and reduces worries.
Black tourmaline offers a gentle energy that provides protection from negative energies and emotions. It can help children feel safe and secure as they embark on their journey at school or lay down to sleep at night. With black tourmaline, children will feel confident and grounded, and it will help reduce their fears. It also boosts their immune function.
Clear quartz is the Master Healer, and it can be used to heal all wounds, whether physical or emotional. It can help children ease any pain they are feeling and recover faster when they are sick. Clear quartz also eliminates negative energy, serving to provide children with the confidence that nothing can harm them.
Tiger’s eye helps children come out of the clouds and feel grounded, so while it is useful from time to time, children need to dream and shouldn’t carry it with them all the time.
Tiger’s eye also promotes self-esteem and courage, and it helps children do the right thing and use good judgment. It provides protection and a sense of security as well.
Aquamarine is a wonderfully soothing crystal that settles nerves, anxiety, and stomach aches related to anxiety. It also brings clarity of thought, and those qualities put together make it extremely useful for test taking. Aquamarine also helps children tell the truth.
Carnelian is a warm stone that promotes confidence, joy, and strength. It sparks creativity, openness, and helps children trust themselves. Carnelian also facilitates loving energy between children and parents.
Citrine has a cheerful energy that brings vitality, happiness, and confidence to children. It is also known for its manifestation powers, so it can be used to help children feel more confident that they can have the outcomes they want if they set their mind to them.
Sodalite promotes authenticity and individuality, helping children feel free to express themselves without worrying about what others will think. It increases clarity of thought and concentration as well. Sodalite also helps children feel calm even in the midst of chaos.